Monday, July 18, 2005

Stuck in Singapore



If things went according to plan, I would be on my way to the airport. I would be on my way home, after a month away on safary. The last few days were filled with anticipation, the thought of being able to lie down in my own bed, and fall deep, deep asleep.

That is, until Typhoon Haitang decided to arrive in Taiwan before me. With her 230km/hr winds, gigantic cyclic body of grey clouds and rain, she
fierce fury is not to be reckoned with lightly. Just heard that my flight home has been cancelled, and that the earliest available flight would be coming Saturday. School and work has also been cancelled all across the island, as strong gusts and heavy down pour continue to batter.

Going home would have to wait then...Just hope the unexpected extension to my stay here goes down well with my host here.

(Images from Naval Maritime Forecast Center/Joint Typhoon Warning Center http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html)

No comments: