Friday, September 29, 2006

Blogging


‘It's one of the singular features of our little social-technological moment that people all over the world whom we otherwise would never even be aware of can effortlessly impinge upon our minds and lives and desktops. We probably see fewer people in person these days, but our lives are populated by an entire chorus of disembodied presences, amplified and directed by the Internet, as if we had all begun to suffer from a mild form of schizophrenia.’
Lev Grossman, 'My Mortal Enemy’, 25 Sept. 2006,
Time

It's been almost one whole month since I blogged here. With all the work at uni and other things in my life at the moment I just don't have much time to write and comment on things happening in the news. I feel a little sad, since it's something I've come to really enjoy doing over the last couple of months, but certain things take priority now, I guess. You probably have noticed too, this blog has become less and less personal because I simply no longer want to write about my life here any more. Which is another reason why this blog is not updated as much. Besides, I really don't want to spend so much time behind the screen and the internet. I can see the world better by actually being and living in it.

Though, now and then there are certain news that just need to be reported on, like the ones about to follow.

No comments: