Friday, May 06, 2005

could, should, would

It's one of those nights. Been thinking to myself ever since I woke up today that I would do something useful. Read something in preparation for my trip to Asia, do some work for work, tidy my room, look into my future options, write an application...so many things, but not done a single one. At the back of my mind I want to have fun. I want to chill, and I keep on telling myself that I could do all these things some other time. Because today is Friday, and I should be having fun, instead of doing serious work. Because it's almost the weekend, and weekends people relax and get away from thoughts of work and work.

But then the problem is, workdays for me are like any other day because I don't have much work to do. I still go to the office and sit there, surfing the net, doing odd chores, doing my own stuff, and go home at the end of the day, exhausted, not willing to do anything else but watch TV or surf the net and do nothing.

It was one of those days again today. And the day is almost over. Already feeling the tiredness and lure of bed just sitting here. What did I do today? Did some food shopping, cycled to the market to get my hair cut, wrote some emails, read the news here and there...what did I do today?
I should have do some work, some serious work.
I could have gotten a lot done in the past hour or so.

I would if I could, and if I really think I should.

No comments: