Monday, March 20, 2006

Leaving is difficult, going is much easier...

20th March 2006
BR0075
TPE-BKK-AMS

23.15 : 09.40

It's been raining the whole day. And it still is.

The suitcase is packed and locked, my backpack is ready. A long journey of almost twenty hours in total ahead of me. Once again, I’m leaving home in order to go home. It’s seems so unreal to think that the next time I type again, I’ll probably (who knows…) be half way around the world.

My flight is in the middle of the night. I’ll be flying over the length of Taiwan, from north to south. I’ll be thinking of the people beneath my feet, as the plane soars higher and higher. Though they will be scattered in mountains, cities and villages all over the island, they no doubt will for a few moments be united in my heart.

Farewell, my dear friends!
Farewell, my dear family!
Farewell, my dear island!

May you all fare well, through rain or sunshine, through dark nights and bright days, and find peace and happiness each and every moment we are apart.

We shall meet again, if not in the future, then in my memories.

No comments: