Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Less than ten more days...

Looked at the yesterday night when I went to sleep, and it's already the 17th of May. In less than ten days, I will be on the plane, going far away.
The thought kept me awake at night, twisting and turning, until around four, when I slowly fell asleep after exhausting myself with thoughts. It was one of those nights again, when I felt I should sleep, but couldn't. So many words went through my mind, so many thoughts waiting to be captured, described and kept for others and other times.

I lay awake thinking over the things I've actually done the past year, and tried to imagine how it would be when I say goodbye to people at work. Sure, it's not forever that's I'll not see them, but a few months is still a very long time...especially long when I think about the great unknowns and the long road into places and meeting people I have not yet known.
And I drafted a letter, actually, in the pitch dark, with the help of a scrap piece of paper, a pen and the light from my mobile phone. Strange when the thoughts and urge to write arrives, you can't resist.

I hope to give to VVI the day I leave. At least I will leave behind a few words. And leave behind my thoughts, reflections and appreciation for the fulfiling times of the past year.

As the TPG Post slogan goes:
"Schrijven zegt meer" (Writing says more)

No comments: