A report by the ministries of Justice and Internal Affairs concluded that radical Muslims are gaining sway over the more moderate Muslim population. Through the use of internet and preaching in Dutch, many more young Muslims are exposed to Salafism—a radical stream which aims to return to the pure Islam and is the basis of Al Qaeda.
Also the report concluded that the
The National Coordinator for Counterterrorism (Nationaal Coördinator Terrorismebestrijding (NCTb) ) also has a ‘alert-o-meter’ and it is currently on orange.
· New trends or phenomena that constitute a threat are discovered.
· There is a realistic possibility that an attack will occur in the
· Attacks are occurring in other countries that are comparable to the
· Radicalisation and recruitment are taking place on a significant scale.
· The Netherlands is frequently mentioned in statements issued by terrorist networks that pose a serious threat.
It makes you really wonder: Scare tactics, or for real?