Saturday, July 01, 2006

What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

Why do some people look to what I do with suspicion and distrust?
I'm not lying, I'm not cheating, I'm not being abusive to anyone, I'm not doing anything immoral, I'm not doing anything illegal, I don't live a promiscuous life, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't even like meat!

I'm just helping a friend in need, doing what I think is the right thing to do.

But why should I be scolded and have the phone hang up on me like I'm the plague or some untouchable criminal? What is my crime? Doing something good?

Should I become evil and live a selfish life full of deceit and lies? There's nothing I need to hide, nothing I have or do that I should be ashamed of, yet time and time again I am reminder by people that what I do, who I am, is worthless, useless and not deserving of praise, only deserving in reprimand.

Worse when those very people are your parents.

No comments: